Country Manager France (m/f/x)Sales, Advertising, and Account Management, Brand & Marketing | Job ID 2115190
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Country Manager, France will report to the Head of Europe and will manage the French P&L, obsess over the growth of Audible’s businesses that serve customers in France and drive improvements within a matrixed organisation across all levers - Content, Distribution, Product and Marketing. You will also represent the local business both internally and externally, acting as the media spokesperson, fostering relationships with collaborators and act as Audible’s key representative in public policy matters as required. This role will be supported by a marketplace specific marketing programing manager & a content programing manager, and will have access to the full scale and leverage of supporting EU functional teams with accountability for the growth of the business in the territory. You will build and foster strong collaboration with all functional teams to ensure alignment with their operational plans & to deliver the best possible experience for our customers.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Audible is a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, offering customers a rich destination for insight and inspiration to enhance their daily lives. We are a company whose entrepreneurial spirit has defined us since our founding in 1995. We are pioneers and inventors who are not afraid to disrupt the status quo, and we apply that innovative approach to everything we do— from revolutionizing an art form to enacting positive change in the cities and countries in which we operate. Led from Berlin, Audible’s EU business offers localized marketplace services for customers in France, Germany, Italy, and Spain.
You are a forward-thinking, analytically minded leader, and an adept strategist who will develop, build and leverage a holistic understanding of the local customer, the business and its context and develop strategies that drive both short and long-term customer and commercial impact. You are an inspiring leader who is capable of operating across functional lines, to influence a wide range of stakeholders and has strong marketing knowledge and expertise knowing how to best leverage marketing levers to help the Berlin based teams to achieve their goals of exceptional growth in tight timeframes.
As a Country Manager France, you will...
- Be responsible for P&L Management with oversight and creation of forecasts and budgets.
- Work with the Head of the EU to determine input & output goals for local functional teams and influence central goal setting.
- Champion growth initiatives to better serve Audible customers in France with particular focus on influencing and driving growth marketing and content acquisition/creation decisions.
- Inform the development, execution, and review of strategic, tactical, and operational plans; spanning brand & content marketing, product and customer life cycle marketing and audience acquisition marketing, business development, content acquisition and creation.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams and individuals, ensuring collaboration and best-practice exchange as well as alignment on business objectives and priorities.
- Identify and lead new opportunities to grow the business.
- Be a media and public policy spokesperson and interface.
- Lead strategic projects for their territory or for EU.
- Professional Degree (Bachelor’s degree, MBA, M.A., M.S., or another post-graduate degree).
- 12+ years in (senior) leadership roles, with a track record of building and growing new digital businesses.
- Experience working within cross cultural teams and leading projects and initiatives across a matrix organization.
- Business fluency in written and verbal French and English.
- Demonstrable background/experience operating in the French cultural and media landscape.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Business fluency in additional European languages is a plus.
- Strong analytical / decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Results oriented with strong bias for action, even in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to drive toward consensus.
- Comfortable operating across functional lines to identify and execute on new growth. opportunities through vendor development, business development, strategic collaborations, and marketing and deliver results.
- Strong communication skills. Experience presenting to executive leaders and a variety of internal and external audiences.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Product Marketing Lead EU (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Brand & Marketing
- Amazon Marketing Coordinator EU, Audible (m/f/d) – 12 months FTC Berlin, Germany Brand & Marketing
- Working Student - Outbound Marketing EU (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Brand & Marketing
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.