Corporate Counsel (m/f/x)
Berlin, Land Berlin
Job ID: 975693
Based in Berlin, Audible GmbH is looking for a Corporate Counsel (m/f/x), responsible for providing support to Audible’s cutting-edge digital spoken audio production and retail business.
In this position you will be a key member of Audible’s global legal team. You will support and work closely with Audible’s DACH, IT and FR businesses and other international businesses on a variety of transactions as well as providing day-to-day legal advice. Principal duties include structuring, drafting and negotiating licensing, distribution, technology and other commercial agreements, and providing ongoing legal advice in areas including media, publishing, copyright and technology areas as well as general legal areas such as commercial law, antitrust, copyright, consumer law and contracts law.
Basic QualificationsYour profile:
· Relevant post-qualified experience, including some commercial or transactional experience in a law firm.
· Outstanding academic qualifications, preferably in EU or US
· Exceptional analytical and communication skills and being capable of providing sound, practical, and well-informed advice to senior business leaders in response to complex and rapidly changing conditions.
· Consistent sound judgment, even in ambiguous situations, and able to help senior business leaders navigate sophisticated and novel rights, media, technology and commercial issues.
· Experience in media or IT, preferably in-house.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced international environment with savvy and demanding business partners.
· Enthusiastic, and enjoy being challenged.
· Fluency in German and English.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred qualifications:
· Experience and/or interest in digital and Internet media.
· Fluency in French and/or Italian would be an advantage.
· Experience, understanding and/or interest in book publishing, distribution and sale.
Sounds interesting? If you are looking for a new challenge in an innovative company, where you will have the opportunity to shape and influence the business with the results of your work, where you will be surrounded by an engaged and fun team, Audible is your next stop! Do not hesitate to send us your application with all details together with your cover letter.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.