Corporate Communications DirectorBrand & Marketing | Job ID 1730564
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible is seeking an exceptionally bright, driven, articulate, media savvy individual for the role of Corporate Communications Director. Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Communications within the Global Corporate Affairs Team, you will use your broad understanding of the evolving digital media landscape and changing consumer appetites to promote Audible’s disruptive, high-energy technology-driven culture, innovative audio entertainment and our purpose-driven work improving the lives of people in our communities facing inequities.
Based in Berlin, this role focuses on corporate communications related to Audible’s four EU marketplaces, which are designed for customers in France, Germany, Italy, and Spain, respectively.
· You possess creativity, complex problem-solving and negotiation skills, along with strategic thinking and ability to drive decision-making across executives.
· You are able to work successfully in multi-national and matrixed team environments, and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the organization.
· You’re an accountable, hands on problem-solver with a positive attitude, letting nothing stand in the way.
· You know how to clarify the path forward and influence others.
· You sweat the details and tie them back to the big picture.
· You exhibit extraordinary tact and diplomacy.
· You’re enthusiastic, enjoy getting things done, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
· You thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround.
· You pivot quickly based on business needs without compromising quality of work or speed.
As a Corporate Communications Director, you will...
· Develop and execute holistic brand stories as part of a network of regional and local cross-functional communicators. This will require partnering closely with local leadership and PR teams in each marketplace to develop a deep understanding of local content, public policy, corporate reputation, creative community, and other key stakeholders and concerns, as well as with colleagues across the broader global corporate communications function.
· Immerse deeply with key trade and consumer media outlets in region, working to develop and strengthen our relationships with relevant reporters.
· Provide marketplace-level messaging, media trainings, strategic guidance, and crisis communications advice to local/regional leaders, business affairs teams, and other groups as needed, in coordination with global leadership.
· Review local content PR plans, releases, and messages for alignment and amplification of corporate narratives.
· Facilitate cross-territory promotion of key Audible Original titles within and beyond the region
· Oversee regional communications strategies of key brand campaigns, product launches, and events.
· Manage stakeholder dependencies across region and country levels (including business, public policy, content, marketing leadership), connecting dots and sharing information between teams, regions, and the wider global organization.
· Increase the presence of identified local and regional spokespeople through thought leadership opportunities, speaking engagements, and award submissions.
· Oversee the selection, management, evaluation, and upskilling of corporate communications agency partners and vendors, seeking regional synergies and efficiencies where possible.
· Partner with global internal and corporate comms employees to ensure a robust flow of marketplace and regional-level Audible stories are surfaced across internal and external channels.
· Travel internationally as required.
· Experience in managing communications in a related industry.
· Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, or other humanities field or equivalent experience.
· Extensive experience with stakeholder management, public relations, executive communications and industry events.
· Pre-existing strong media relationships with corporate, entertainment and technology media in the EU, including France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Merchandising/Onsite Marketing Manager (m/f/d) - 12 month contract Berlin, Germany Brand & Marketing
- Marketing Acquisition, Senior Manager (f/m/x) - 6mo Contract Berlin, Germany Brand & Marketing
- Marketing Campaign Manager (m/f/d) Berlin, Germany Brand & Marketing
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.