Content Operations Specialist – Spanish (m/f/x)Content & Audible Studios | Job ID 2113096
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
You, as the Content Operations Specialist – Spanish (m/f/x), will work as part of the EU Content Lifecyle team that accurately creates, enters, edits, and maintains metadata, audio assets and image art for all Audible products. You will be responsible for setting guided view, maintaining products quality expectations and making recommendations to improve the overall user experience. In this position, you will ensure that Spanish and other European spoken word audio content gets ingested, reviewed, edited and delivered timely and completely. You will become the main point of contact for Spanish-related content by building strong relationships with external providers and by establishing collaboration with internal stakeholders and other team members. You will be utilizing a variety of tools and become responsible for identifying and correcting metadata issues using your unique knowledge and experience to deliver the best user experience possible.
You have language expertise combined with at least 2 years of editorial experience, avidly consume media, is highly organized, detail oriented, and able to thrive in a high-energy entrepreneurial environment. You will feel comfortable in this role if you are keen on working with numerous stakeholders in a fast-paced environment, enjoy mitigating risks, participating and taking ownership in various projects & initiatives, taking pride in utilizing data to deliver accurate results, enjoy having clean processes & documentation and have a passion for technology and media, specifically spoken word audio.
As a Content Operations Specialist – Spanish (m/f/x), you will...
- Coordinate ingestion work for the Spanish and other EU marketplaces for Audible’s audiobooks and podcasts to ensure on-time publishing of all content to all required surfaces and best possible customer experience.
- Be responsible for provider asset delivery by communicating and synchronizing as the primary content for Spanish and European providers regarding issues, quality standards and assets completeness.
- Plan, coordinate, execute and verify catalog updates by assessing validity of and initiation product update requests received from providers, customers and other stakeholders; ensure that requests are answered and tackled in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for Interdepartmental Content Liaison by harmonizing day-to-day product business needs from various internal and external teams, keep stakeholders informed regarding key issues, anticipate and troubleshoot conflicts to support the growth of your marketplace.
- Become and act as a subject matter expert on operational workflows and technical processes within the system, acting as primary information source for your area of expertise in order to maintain compliance and consistency, and take corrective action where needed.
- Perform user acceptance testing: Define workflow and tool enhancements together with global partner teams; test newly implemented features and enhancements before global rollout to the Content Management system through technical understanding, thorough assessment of results and communication of bugs.
- Identify areas of potential improvement to catalog management workflows & systems; optimize procedures, process, and best practices; work closely with global team on improvements and new features.
- BA/BS or equivalent degree, preferably in Humanities.
- 3+ years experience in web-based publishing environment, covering areas such as content coordination, content risk management, data-entry and fact-checking.
- Excellent command of the written and spoken Spanish language, fluency in English.
- Experience within the Spanish editorial landscape.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience using features such as pivot tables and VLOOKUP.
- Previous experience with ticketing systems and process documentation (e.g. in a wiki).
- Data entry experience.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- A self-starter with impeccable organizational and analytical skills that is able to thrive in a high-energy, entrepreneurial environment.
- A confident and upbeat communicator via written and verbal business communication skills.
- Experience in operations.
- An avid consumer of online media, including books (audio and print), blogs, podcasts, and other digital content.
- Familiarity with standard XML metadata exchange formats like ONIX or RSS.
- Additional language skills in other European languages are a plus, specifically Italian, French or German.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.