Content Operations Administrator - Metadata (m/f/x)
Berlin, Land Berlin
Job ID: 837869
Audible, an Amazon company, is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the internet, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Titles downloaded from Audible are compatible with hundreds of mobile devices, including the iPhone and Android smartphones.
Based in Berlin, Audible is searching for a Content Operations Administrator – Metadata FR/IT (m/f/x) focusing on the operational aspects of metadata processing such as workflow management, catalog maintenance and continued development. He or she works as part of a team that accurately creates, enters, edits, and maintains metadata for all products. This role focuses on overseeing and developing the title ingestion and metadata process for French and Italian products and acts as go-to person for all operational matters in these marketplaces.
This role is initially open through a 13-months contract.
· Product Metadata Indexing and Copy Editing: The Content Operations Administrator proofreads, fact-checks, and adds HTML tags to all product metadata prior to publishing a product to the customer-facing application. Key elements such as a product's company identification, on-sale date, territory rights, availability, provider, royalty earner, title, descriptive copy, and taxonomy are top priority areas of review.
· Catalog Updates and Issue Management: The Content Operations Administrator executes and follows up on various forms of catalog updates (e.g. price updates, content removals) and metadata issues reported by internal or external customers. He/she will monitor FR/IT metadata’s ticket intake queue and make sure requests are answered appropriately and in due time.
· Relationship management: The Content Operations Administrator creates, checks and updates product relationships such as Category Assignments, Series Affiliation (e.g. linking works in a trilogy), Title Authority (grouping different versions of works together) or Contributor Authority (bibliography).
· Content QA: The Content Operations Administrator also provides QA for Audible style in product descriptions, data consistency, and related product linking for all product metadata including Table of Content (ToC). He/she needs to meet daily copyediting quotas and updates, and complete prioritized processing requests.
Basic QualificationsYour profile:
· Academic background in Literature, Romance philology, Library Science or related subject.
· Excellent command of the French language, fluency in English and Italian.
· An avid consumer of online media, including books (audio and print), blogs, podcasts, and other digital content.
· Fluency in Outlook, Excel, and MS Word.
· Data-entry awareness and experience.
· A confident and upbeat communicator via written and verbal business communication skills.
· Highly organized and detail oriented.
· A self-starter with impeccable organizational and analytical skills.
· Hands-on mentality and ability to thrive in a high-energy, entrepreneurial environment.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
· Previous experience in proofreading, copy-editing, and fact-checking in publishing industry or related area.
· Additional language skills in German or other European languages are considered a major plus.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.