Content Acquisition Manager (m/f/x) - ItalyContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 1513782
Based in Berlin, Audible GmbH is looking for an enthusiastic Content Acquisition Manager (m/f/x) - Italy to join our Content team. In this position, you will be responsible for consolidating, enhancing and enriching our current Italian content catalog of outstanding audio entertainment. You will be in the front line of our relationship with publishers and partners to ensure Audible.it has the most exciting content available. Moreover, you grab the steering wheel of our content strategy, working with all relevant departments to portray it to Italian customers, while constantly analyzing their metrics.
This role will be open through a 1-year contract.
As a Content Acquisition Manager, you will:
· Ensure content acquisition strategy for the Italian market segment meets quarterly and yearly objectives
· Structure, negotiate and maintain the business relationship with the content providers (authors, agents, publishers)
· Significantly increase title selection and count by optimizing partnerships, identifying content gaps and acquiring missing partners from all areas in the spoken word industry
· Manage the on-going relationship with content provider to maximize its overall effectiveness, selecting monthly and quarterly the best new front list titles
· Work closely with the visual department to ensure rights clearance of covers and all visual creativities related to content launch
· Maintain release plans in coordination with the wider Audible Italian team (e.g. marketing, audio ingestion, merchandizing, PR, etc.)
· Manage the acquisition budget assigned (e.g. advances, writing fees, translation costs, recording fees, etc.)
· Create structure and maintain a workflow process to grant timely and effective communication with the audio production team and all stakeholders involved
· Minimum 3 years experience in a publishing or media company
· Solid knowledge of copyright law, intellectual property rights and contractual work in the licensing field
· Experience in managing relationships with content creators, authors, actors and licensors in general
· Resourceful self-starter with an independent attitude and focus on excellence, with ability to deal with ambiguity
· Solid organizational and project management skills are also required along with the ability to work with cross functional teams under aggressive deadlines
· Affinity to digital products and e-commerce
· Good understanding of the Italian Media and Entertainment industry and ideally an overview about trends in the spoken word segment
Sounds interesting? If you are looking for a new challenge in an innovative company, where you will have the opportunity to shape and influence the business with the results of your work, where you will be surrounded by an engaged and fun team, Audible is your next stop! Do not hesitate to send us your application with all details together with your cover letter.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Content Administrator - Metadata/Indexer (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Content & Audible Studios
- Working Student (Werkstudent) - Content Italy (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Content & Audible Studios
- Audio Operations Administrator (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Content & Audible Studios
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.