Content Acquisition Manager - Audible France (m/f/x)
Berlin, Land Berlin
Job ID: 854782
Audible, an Amazon company, is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the internet, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Titles downloaded from Audible are compatible with hundreds of mobile devices, including the iPhone and Android smartphones.
Based in Berlin, Audible GmbH is looking for a Content Acquisition Manager - Audible France (m/f/x) to support the French Content team in providing the best audiobooks for our customers. You will contribute to building our audio catalogue through licensing the relevant rights from French publishers, and identify and handle the collaboration with relevant authors and/or translators for our original publishing program. You should combine a sound knowledge of the French book industry, a good overview about commercially relevant French and International authors and publications, and an affinity for books, audiobooks and media in general. You have full product responsibility from acquisition to marketing coordination.
This role is initially open through an 13-months contract.
· Research for attractive book content to be produced in audio
· Enrich our original title portfolio by collaborating with relevant authors and literary agents in high-affinity genres and/or covering current and upcoming trends
· Manage partnerships with a portfolio of 100+ publishers, agents and authors and negotiate business and legal terms
· Sales reports, market stats and customer demand analysis are the basis for your title selection - such analytical insights help you monitor your success and permanently improve our program strategy and title selection
· Support our production team with the audio recording coordination and cover acquisition
· Develop the ideal promotion for our products in close cooperation with marketing team
Basic QualificationsYour profile:
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in the fields of publishing and editorial program development
· Experience in managing relationships with content owners and creators
· Solid knowledge of copyright law and contractual work in the licensing field
· Accuracy and detail orientation complement your know-how about term negotiation and licensing
· Affinity to digital products and e-commerce
· Good understanding of the French book industry and ideally an overview about trends in the spoken word segment
· Broad understanding of popular culture across all main media types
· Feeling comfortable in using data analytics to drive business strategy in combination with a dedicated hands-on mentality and solution orientation
· Reliability, being proactive and a clearly structured approach are the nature of your work
· Fluency in French and English (written and verbal skills)
Preferred QualificationsSounds interesting? If you are looking for a new challenge in an innovative company, where you will have the opportunity to shape and influence the business with the results of your work, where you will be surrounded by an engaged and fun team, Audible is your next stop! Do not hesitate to send us your application with all details together with your cover letter.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.