Applied Scientist (m/f/d)Finance & Insight | Job ID 2010006
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
In this role, you will leverage your strong background in Computer Science, Machine Learning, and software engineering to build scalable solutions and innovative predictive modeling, ranking modeling (e.g. Search relevance and Recommendation), (un-) supervised learning, and simulation to explain, quantify, predict and prescribe in support of informing critical business decisions.
You will translate business goals into agile, insightful analytics. You will seek to create value for both stakeholders and customers and inform findings in a clear, actionable way to managers and senior leaders.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Audible data science team partners with marketing, content, product, and technology partners to solve business and technology problems using scientific approaches to build product and services that surprise and delight our customers. We employ scalable cutting-edge machine learning (ML), deep learning (DL), and Natural Language Processing (NLP) knowledge to better target customers and prospects, understand and personalize the content, and context needed to optimize their book-listening experience. We operate in an agile environment in which we own and collaborate on the life cycle of research, design, and model development of relevant projects.
We are looking for a motivated, results-oriented Applied Scientist with strong rigor and demonstrable skills in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, data mining and/or large-scale distributed computation.
As an Applied Scientist, you will...
- Develop and validate models to optimize the Who, When, Where and How of all our interactions with customers.
- Develop Amazon-scale data engineering pipelines.
- Imagine and invent before the business asks, by adapting cutting-edge approaches or inventing new methods.
- Work closely with other data scientists, ML experts, engineers as well as business across globe, and on cross-disciplinary efforts with other scientists within Amazon.
- Contribute to the growth of the Audible Data Science team by sharing your ideas, intellectual property and learning from others.
- Minimum of a PhD or equivalent MS plus 4+ years of experience in Computer Science or a highly quantitative field.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- 2+ years of experience in software development.
- 2+ years of experience of building ML models for business applications.
- Strong experience with coding and problem-solving in at least one programming language such as Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Machine Learning Pipeline orchestration with AWS (SageMaker, Batch, Lambda, Step Functions) or similar cloud-platforms.
- Big Data Engineering with Spark / AWS EMR & Glue.
- Experience with Agile Software Development.
- Passion for data (and fearlessness in the face of a data tsunami), modeling, research design and cutting-edges algorithms.
- PhD in Computer Science or in a highly quantitative field.
- Prior work experience as an applied scientist or a data scientist at a consumer product company.
- Experience with Container Platforms (Docker, Kubernetes/Fargate).
- Strong record of publications in one of the following areas: information retrieval, natural language processing.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.