Customer Care Representative - VirtualCustomer Service | Job ID 1349068
The Customer Care Representative aims to offer top of the line customer service. By demonstrating a high level of service aptitude and a passion for our product, and help customers understand the value of an Audible membership. Provide a tailored experience to our members and optimize their method of engagement with our content depending on where they are within their listening journey. Thriving in a culture that promotes empowerment, taking initiative, finding solutions, collaboration, and having fun. Residents of Newark, NJ are preferred.
· A conversationalist – who can easily forge natural connections and relationships while engaging a customer in an exciting conversation about great literary works, media and audio entertainment.
· Excellent listening skills: capable of communicating in a fluid, back-and-forth manner that engages, and invites an exchange of ideas. Ability to probe to clearly understand the customers’ needs.
· Out-of-the-box thinking: a thirst for information, ability to utilize a variety of resources, including search engines, websites and internal resources, and research their requests with the goal of delivering meaningful and valuable solutions.
· Ability to explain complex tasks to others with accessible, teachable style.
· Proactive relationship building with immediate colleagues and those in related disciplines.
· Forward thinking mentality: ability to solve the immediate issues and anticipate future issues.
· Humanized written communication skills: able to write clearly in a personalized tone that is highly relatable and believable, one that encourages a trustful rapport, and reads as well as your direct conversation to the customer.
· Proven track record: The effectiveness, efficiency, and quality is effortless based on performance experience.
What you will be doing…
· Onboard customers successfully by helping them understand the variety of ways to listen, how it fits into their lives, and how to discover content they love.
· Leveraging your literary knowledge when engaging customers in lively conversations about interesting books.
· Researching and diagnosing issues that resolve customer concerns to ensure a high level of retention, satisfaction and drive process improvement.
· Clearly comprehending the issues customers present, by thinking creatively on the behalf of the customer.
· Help customers through the email, phone and chat channels.
· Consistent performance within a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
· General customer service experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· In-depth understanding of the following areas of technology: Windows and Mac OS computers, MP3 players, Internet and related applications (downloading, streaming, connectivity) and especially mobile phones and operating systems (Android OS, Apple iOS, Windows Phone).
· Demonstrable interpersonal skills with a diverse customer base, specifically an aptitude for conflict resolution, negotiation, and maintaining composure in highly escalated situations.
· A voracious appetite for literature; particularly consuming spoken word content and zestfully conversing with others about books is key.
· Having the ability to type swiftly and with minimal errors.
· Having the ability to work independently and in a dynamic environment
· Being available to work various shifts, weekends and/or Holidays.
· Previous volunteer experience.
· Experience working in a call center a plus.
Work Environment and Hardware Requirements
· Must be able to provide a work area free of distractions.
· Must have an internet connection with a minimum of 10 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only). Satellite internet providers cannot be used.
· Cannot use a wireless connection. Your device must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable.
· Agree to Audible’s Work from Home Agreement.
· Audible offers paid mandatory training and resources for new representatives who must be present every day of the training.
· Representatives are measured on several areas including, but not limited to, schedule adherence, contact quality, efficiency, and process compliance.
· Your mailing address must be current (apartment, suite, etc.) PO Boxes are not supported; a physical address required for you to receive your equipment.
If this sounds like you, you might be Audible’s next Customer Care Representative!
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.