Audible Technical Program Manager
Technology | JOB ID 1961583
This role can be based in our Los Angeles, CA, Newark, NJ, or Cambridge, MA hub. There may also be the opportunity for this role to be fully remote. If you are interested in a fully remote opportunity, please let your recruiter know.
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
In this role, you will partner with Business, Product and Technology Leaders and teams to coordinate across the Audible organization to raise the bar and deliver value for our customers. You will use your sharp focus on efficient and timely communication, proactive coordination, infatuation with technology, a strong desire to learn and a passion for removing inefficiencies and miscommunications.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences and delight our customers and drive a strong engineering culture. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening our development process and leveraging new technologies to deliver native applications. You will help us constantly drive to improve processes and tools and raise the bar for our teams and ultimately allow us to release higher quality software faster to our customers. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much-loved product.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will...
- Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
- Interface and communicate with Development and QA teams, Product Managers and Customer support teams on a daily basis.
- Drive visibility and transparency of dates, upcoming milestones and release dates throughout the Sprint development process.
- Monitor Production Analytics dashboards to ensure roll-outs and ramp-ups are happening as expected.
- Build relationships with partner groups in Audible and Amazon and leverage those relationships to integrate your team's priorities within Amazon teams and understand how Amazon's projects impact our own work in this highly decentralized organization.
- Play a leading role in managing the delivery of large cross functional projects spanning teams and divisions in Audible as well as Amazon.
- Collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
- Work with cross functional teams – technology, business and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs and priorities from concept to launch.
- Collaborate to define the technical architecture of solutions for services.
- Strive constantly to improve, establishing higher bars in project execution performance using objective metrics.
- Work with astuteness, be proactive in seeking risks in the projects and drive subsequent mitigation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Previous experience as a software engineer.
- 5+ years’ experience within software development.
- Experience deploying distributed, multi-tier applications.
- 2+ years’ experience managing agile software projects.
- Ability to navigate an ambiguous environment in which change is the only constant.
- Detail oriented to ensure project success is paramount.
- Superlative written and verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to diplomatically disagree and align when dealing with different stakeholders.
- Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
- Prior experience in building service oriented (SOA) distributed systems.
- Prior experience in building web based systems using Java/J2EE, Apache Tomcat.
- Experience building mobile device software and/or applications for large customer bases.
- Adept at usage of various tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and Microsoft Project.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.