Audible Product Manager
Technology | JOB ID 1961585
This role can be based in our Los Angeles, CA, Newark, NJ, or Cambridge, MA hub. There may also be the opportunity for this role to be fully remote. If you are interested in a fully remote opportunity, please let your recruiter know.
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for a Product Manager to own our content data platforms and assets. This role works closely with technical and non-technical leaders from every part of our organization to deliver industry leading data capabilities that inform content acquisition, marketing, and financial decisions. This person will have a deeply analytical mindset with the ability to tackle complex challenges and effectively influence stakeholders across Audible. This is a high-impact role that requires inventing for the customers, strong execution, technical depth, analytical rigor, and excellent communication.
As a Product Manager, you will...
- Define the strategic vision for major features and drive engineering & data science teams to deliver on that vision.
- Define the success metrics for features or services and track performance. Utilize metrics to dive deep on issues and uncover business trends and anomalies.
- Drive internal adoption strategy including communication, training, success for new product capabilities.
- Solve for a high-quality end-user experience and implementation of complex systems.
- Engage with cross-company business and product leaders to build and execute a plan aligned with long-term objectives.
- Invent on behalf of your customers by translating external market and Amazon best practices to identify new opportunities that guide product strategy.
- 2+ years of technical product management, analytics, data science, or engineering experience.
- Experience working cross-functionally with business, engineering, and data science stakeholders to deliver products and services.
- Experience contributing to engineering and data science discussions regarding technology decisions and direction.
- Owned feature delivery, negotiating tradeoffs.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Demonstrated ability to imagine and invent before customers can articulate a direct need.
- Strong bias for action; ability to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- 2+ years of product management.
- MBA and/or Masters in Computer Science or related technical degree.
- Experience creating content products or insights using Natural Language Understanding (NLU).
- Experience building products for content creators and marketers.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Strong technical architecture background.
- Experience in converting technical domain knowledge into non-technical narratives and presentations.
- Media, agency, studio, or related industry experience.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.