Newark, New Jersey
Audible Software Development Engineer Internship
Software Development | JOB ID 1725030
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Software Development Engineer Intern with Audible’s Technical Internship Program, you will be an integral part of our storytelling ecosystem, using cutting edge technology to deliver a tangible impact to our millions of listeners. Here, talent is recognized and good ideas are rewarded — we invite the best of our interns to join Audible, either full time after graduation or with a return internship offer. In years past, we’ve had internships in Newark, NJ and Cambridge, MA, but our summer 2020 and 2021 internship were fully virtual. We’re ready to adapt to whatever 2022 brings.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $47.44 per hour rate. Applicants should apply via Audible’s internal or external careers site.
- Current enrollment as an undergraduate or masters student in computer science, engineering, computer vision or a related major.
- An anticipated graduation date between December 2022 and May/June 2023.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Object-oriented design and programming experience in C/C++, Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux Platform.
- Proven experience as an innovator and a creator, with strong critical thinking and communication skills.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more about Life Inside Audible
- Interns turned full time Software Development Engineers
- The Economic Impact of our commitment to our communities
- Our Lead Intern Recruiter, Jeremy Bradshaw
- Reinventing our workplace for Covid-19, and beyond!
- Our Statement on Racism and Justice
- Our Statement on Trans Rights
- Our Impact Groups, and Spectrum and Belonging
- Our Latest Launch
- Explore Our Newsroom for the latest in Audible News!