Newark, New Jersey
Software Development Engineer - December 2021 Graduate
Software Development | JOB ID 1702291
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a full-stack team that includes other iOS, Android, Web, and API developers. Our core goal is to make cross device development faster and higher quality. You'll be a key part of the team for API development.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will...
- Describe and implement REST APIs, ensuring their performance and scalability for our millions of customers.
- Plan, populate, and maintain distributed data stores for high throughput and correctness.
- Partner with other engineers to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers.
- Solve problems and have a large degree of ownership for the delivery of your code and design.
- Support the platform and ensure continual uptime.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Proficiency in Java or related object-oriented language.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- 1+ years of professional software development experience.
- Expertise with digital-media delivery and packaging such as MPEG-DASH, HLS, HDS, Smooth Streaming, MPEG.
- Familiarity with digital audio encoding, particularly AAC and MP3.
- Aptitude for dependency injection frameworks and associated techniques using technologies like Spring or Guice.
- Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment or Chaos Engineering.
- Knowledge of distributed systems: how they’re built, maintained, and perform.
- Recent experience with REST API development, microservices, event-driven architecture, and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations.
- Adaptable, enterprising, and willing to take ownership.
- A high-quality bar: just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment.
- A preference for Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.