Newark, New Jersey
Customer Care Trainee
CUSTOMER CARE | JOB ID 2136779
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This is a virtual paid training program that requires 40 hours of participation each week. Program length will be for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 8 weeks, depending on the session. The program will include 30 hours per week of hands-on virtual training plus 10 hours per week of independent study and assignments. All cohort participants will be expected to meet Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 6:00pm ET for virtual training. Audible will provide the required technology and equipment (laptop, mouse, headset), to be returned on the last day of the program.
Participants who successfully complete the program will have the opportunity to interview for a Customer Care Representative role with Audible. Placement assistance may also be available to others who successfully complete the training program but do not pursue a role with Audible.
- You are self-motivated and goal-oriented
- You are open minded, adaptable, and flexible.
- You are a good listener, personable, and a conversation starter.
- You have a passion for helping and serving others.
- You have the willingness and the drive to enhance and grow your skill set through learning.
As a Customer Care Trainee, you will...
- Have the opportunity to explore and build the professional skills around computer navigation, business communication, soft skills for customer service, behavioral interviewing, and personal development.
- Engage with management and learn business acumen
- Work independently while being part of a team.
- Ask questions or seek out assistance when things become unclear.
- Seek out feedback and adapt for personal growth and development.
- Perform work that requires being on the telephone.
- Have the opportunity to gain employment in a customer service environment.
- Commit to the full duration of the program.
- Attend all trainings, Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 6:00pm ET (with an hour break for lunch and two 15 minute breaks).
- Attend training at all of these possible locations: 1 Washington Park, Newark, NJ 07102, Washington Street, Newark, NJ 07102, 15 James Street, Newark, NJ 07102, Virtual Training from a private/secure location.*
*Audible will determine whether the program will be conducted at a physical location or virtually prior to the start of the program. Virtual Training requires each program participant to have internet connectivity and participate with video/audio technology during daily trainings (Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm ET).
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.